When All Else Fails When All Else Fails

Not a fugue

Not even a little fugue-like. Sorry bra, but I was led here on false pretenses. Don't mislabel your work. ... Otherwise it was tolerable. I'm just worried you think the same thing repeating over and over is a fugue. It's not.

Bacon92 responds:

You're exactly right, it isn't. The description (as mine usually are) was based off an inside joke; he thought the piece was fugue-like while it obviously wasn't. So to call his bluff I put "fugue" in parantheses as a mocking sort of gesture. But thanks for noticing, I just assume that liseners don't pay much attention to the descriptions which is why I put funny (and sometimes nonsensical) comments there.

Technical [Complete] Technical [Complete]

FINALLY!

I have been scrounging all night to find one good song, and this is it. Nice work. I'd put in a stronger bass line but that's just me.

InariPlex responds:

Thanks for the review and the compliment xD. A stronger bass line...I see where that could be better XD. I'll keep that in mind next time!

Saz Alto Sax Solo Saz Alto Sax Solo

PUT THE GOOSE DOWN!

Oh wait, my bad; I thought you were trying to strangle a bird. Look, I'm all for doodling on your sax (hell I play all four), but between the quality of the recording and the monotonous repetition I just endured, I'm seriously considering taking up the banjo. PLEASE put up good stuff if you're going to be representing us saxes.

AccountableMasses responds:

okay, how about telling me how to fix the quality of the recording? being trying to figure that out for the last few days and still can't seem to get anywhere with it.

They Will Come- They Will Come-

When the f**k are they gonna get here?

Apart from some downright wrong sounding notes, my general concern with this is the lack of development. You can't just take the same thing over and over with a cello, violin, piano and harp and expect it to be carried on that alone. I'm being harsh because it's an original work, it has potential, and the last thing you should do is sit on your ass and get complacent. Keep writing, keep improving.

Gamer Heaven Gamer Heaven

Umm...

You know, I felt the piece was really confused. It wanted to be techno or hip hop or something and just came out bland. Potential's there, yeah, but it's buried so thick you need a bulldozer just to get it air.

Stoic (dfg) Stoic (dfg)

Eh.

The rhyming of the lyrics in the chorus seem a bit forced, but it gets better as it goes along. And musically it's pretty solid. I think it may just be syllabic stress, but I'm not sure. Not something earth shattering, but good.

DreamsfromGin responds:

Hmm...looks like I'll have to find another way to shatter the earth then...

8-bit SOS 8-bit SOS

Repetitive, but fun

Sounds like a cross between Mars from Holst's "The Planets" and Zelda. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. A bit repetitive, but fun nonetheless, especially towards the 3 minute mark. Good job.